0

This is what GPs have to deal with.

In an email to BuzzFeed, Dr Mark. Folman, who runs Resilient GP, a community website for GPs, explained why he conducted the survey.

General practice is getting busier and busier, and we are finding it harder to spend time with patients who genuinely need us. We find that we are having to spend less time with patients with chronic disease and anecdotally we are seeing more inappropriate requests for GP help.

We therefore did a survey of a large number of GPs on a Facebook site, and anonymised the responses for the article. We are not looking to belittle patients, however, in a similar way to the ambulance service, we are highlighting how GP appointments are used inappropriately.

1. "Is my nipple too hairy?"

2. "Is there a pill so I can have a baby boy?"

3. "My iPhone camera makes my face look wonky."

4. "I went to the gym yesterday and now my arms are hurting."

5.

5.

Ingram Publishing / Getty Images

6. "My son's shoes are rubbing him."

7. "Doctor – my stomach makes this weird rumbling/gurgling noise whenever I haven't eaten. It's starting to affect my work."

8. "My skin is too soft."

9. "Hi Doctor. I booked this appointment two weeks ago but the problem has gone now. I didn't want to waste the appointment so I thought it best to come anyway."

10. "I'm worried about a white lump in my baby's gum." It was a tooth.


View Entire List ›



Post a Comment

 
Top